Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Matthew Allington
Nicholas Harrison
lemming77
Jimmy Broadbent
steviejb
9 posters

ROUND 9 - JAPANESE GRAND PRIX - 26TH APRIL

steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 9 - JAPANESE GRAND PRIX - 26TH APRIL Empty ROUND 9 - JAPANESE GRAND PRIX - 26TH APRIL

Post by steviejb Tue 22 Apr - 21:41

RACE RESULTS
    REPLAY

Last edited by steviejb on Sat 26 Apr - 22:21; edited 1 time in total
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

ROUND 9 - JAPANESE GRAND PRIX - 26TH APRIL Empty Re: ROUND 9 - JAPANESE GRAND PRIX - 26TH APRIL

Post by Jimmy Broadbent Fri 25 Apr - 0:20

Apologies, I won't be making this. Just remembered that I have the invitational on the same day :/
    lemming77
    lemming77

ROUND 9 - JAPANESE GRAND PRIX - 26TH APRIL Empty Re: ROUND 9 - JAPANESE GRAND PRIX - 26TH APRIL

Post by lemming77 Fri 25 Apr - 14:30

I put this in the sign-up thread, but just to make sure it wasn't missed, I won't be there either I'm afraid. Best of luck to you all Smile
    Nicholas Harrison

Post by Nicholas Harrison Sat 26 Apr - 7:33

Wont make the race.
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Sat 26 Apr - 14:28

I've found I have some free time this evening, can I take the #1 Arrows for this event? Smile
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin Sat 26 Apr - 15:48

I'm not going to be able to race later. GL to everyone.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sat 26 Apr - 16:16

Man, is anyone coming along? Sad
    Dan Minges
    Dan Minges

Post by Dan Minges Sat 26 Apr - 16:17

steviejb wrote:Man, is anyone coming along? Sad
    Here I come to save the daaaaay!
    Joshua Anderson
    Joshua Anderson

Post by Joshua Anderson Sat 26 Apr - 19:55

Well, that was fun. Sad

First of all I'd like to apologise to Polacek for that bump at the start there. My car was rolling forward at the start so had to keep a foot on the brake to stop it, and I just didn't react quick enough off the line to avoid him. Don't know whether that damaged his suspension or what, but it cost me a trip to the nearest wall, and a lost front wing and it borked my suspension as well. Wrestled it to about 130R after hideous understeer etc. and spun off, and lost a wheel. As soon as I got it out of the gravel the engine overheated. Sad

Thanks for the chance anyway guys Wink
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Sat 26 Apr - 20:50

Well... that was a simply extraordinary race!  Shocked Very Happy 

Qualfied 5th. Not too shabby, I suppose. Got an average start and then Paul in the McLaren had a "total brain fart" (forgiven!  Wink ) and spun me. Then I spun again on lap 2. Great start  Razz 
    Much of the first stint was spent swapping positions with Paul and going up through the order, and I suppose I didn't do too badly on the hard tyres :)Got in the pits late, and I jumped Paul and was very close to Garth! I would be in 2nd for sure!  Cool 
    Oh, hang on... there appears to be a stop/go penalty for speeding in the pitlane... Embarassed 

Served the penalty, down to 4th, then drove the race of my life in a (vain) attempt to catch up to Paul. Three laps to go and it looked like it wasn't going to happen. Then I noticed yellow flags into Degner. Incredibly, the battle for 2nd appeared to have gotten a little messy, and now I was in with a chance - Garth was right in front of me, so I bade my time...
    Made my move into the chicane on the second-to-last lap, having driving my nuts off trying to keep up in Garth's slipstream. Slam, bang! Contact was made but all was fair. I pulled a gap to him, and crossed the line 3rd*!

*Just noting, that's my first-ever podium finish in a circuit-based championship simrace  Very Happy
    Understandably, I'm delighted. Considering all the $#%@ that happened to me during the race, that was truly unforgettable  cheers
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin Sat 26 Apr - 20:55

Matthew Allington wrote:Got an average start and then Paul in the McLaren had a "total brain fart" (forgiven!  Wink ) and spun me.

This sounds familiar. Wink *Cough* Brazil *Cough*
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sat 26 Apr - 22:21

Replay and results added to the first post. Thank you EVERYONE that took part and showed up tonight. Looking forward to seeing you guys in the V8's! Very Happy
    Ian Mills

Post by Ian Mills Sun 27 Apr - 14:22

grats all finishers

does anybody have the replay file for the qualifying session ?
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Sat 3 May - 22:15

cheers Cheers lads!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 14:29