Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
MarkB
Matthew Allington
Repoman
Justin52
Rino
riotbox
Kyran Parkin
Jimmy Broadbent
steviejb
13 posters

ROUND 1 - AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX - 1st MARCH

steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 1 - AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX - 1st MARCH Empty ROUND 1 - AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX - 1st MARCH

Post by steviejb Tue 25 Feb - 20:52

ROUND 1 - AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX - 1st MARCH F197Round1_zps50f8f94a

REPLAY
    RESULTS

Last edited by steviejb on Sat 1 Mar - 23:01; edited 1 time in total
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 1 - AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX - 1st MARCH Empty Re: ROUND 1 - AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX - 1st MARCH

Post by steviejb Tue 25 Feb - 20:53

The server will be running the track from 12pm GMT tomorrow (26th February). Also, if you can't attend, please post in this thread.
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

ROUND 1 - AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX - 1st MARCH Empty Re: ROUND 1 - AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX - 1st MARCH

Post by Jimmy Broadbent Tue 25 Feb - 20:58

Looks like i'm in for some champagne (Lemonade)
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin Tue 25 Feb - 21:03

I'll be taking that lemonade sir, gtfo my podium
    riotbox

Post by riotbox Tue 25 Feb - 21:10

Unfortunately, due to certain circumstances, I am going to have to pull out of the league. Sorry about the inconvenience but I hope you have fun racing in the league.
    Rino
    Rino

Post by Rino Tue 25 Feb - 21:45

I plan on being there,and practicing this week.Until further notice
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Tue 25 Feb - 21:46

It would be awesome to have you there! Very Happy
    Justin52
    Justin52

Post by Justin52 Wed 26 Feb - 6:49

I iz gon be der
    Repoman

Post by Repoman Wed 26 Feb - 8:14

No.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Wed 26 Feb - 12:02

No you're not going to be there?

Melbourne practice is go! Very Happy
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Sat 1 Mar - 10:29

I have every intention of being here tonight Very Happy
    MarkB

Post by MarkB Sat 1 Mar - 12:54

I won't be able to race tonight (as I've said in the sign up thread) 'cause my wheels broke. Just thought I'd make sure you know.

Will there be any live streams I could follow though ? Jimmy I'm looking at you.  Smile 
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sat 1 Mar - 13:03

Thanks Mark. I'd actually managed to remember for a change, haha. Very Happy

I suspect Jimmy will be streaming, along with Mr Parkin.
    http://www.twitch.tv/jimmy_bee
    http://www.twitch.tv/mrfatalis
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin Sat 1 Mar - 14:01

http://www.multitwitch.tv/jimmy_bee/mrfatalis/ Wink
    StarkzHD

Post by StarkzHD Sat 1 Mar - 19:28

sorry i've posted so late in the thread guys, but i can't attend the first round unfortunately! :/

Just to say aswell, i don't have the ip for the server, so if someone could pm me, id be grateful Smile
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Sat 1 Mar - 20:51

So...

Nice qualiy - very pleased to have got 4th Smile

Drama before the start! Fortunately my router reset just in time!  Razz 

Long wait on the grid wasn't anticipated, so I may have revved my engine a bit too much... awesome start, up to 2nd by the first corner... engine's gone  Crying or Very sad 

*Oh, and my apologies for weaving on the warmup lap - obviously I'm getting too used to doing that in other leagues...  Embarassed
    Paul Schuman

Post by Paul Schuman Sat 1 Mar - 20:54

I'm sorry but that race should've been restarted.  Four people out with blown engines through no fault of their own because the back of the grid didn't get in place.  I saw it three quarters of the way around on GID.

I've seen people on the stream say we were warned to be kind to our engines. That's simply not the issue. The last car on the grid was so far behind and so slow to grid up. That was the problem. I don't normally ask for restarts, I did because at the start of the season it was the right thing to do and such a result for people who from what I saw did nothing wrong, is patently unfair.

Last edited by Paul Schuman on Sat 1 Mar - 21:09; edited 1 time in total
    Nick Woodbury
    Nick Woodbury

Post by Nick Woodbury Sat 1 Mar - 21:05

Well that start could have been handled a little better. Surprised no one called for a restart despite all the failed engines and spinners.

Unfortunately the curbs here are utterly atrocious and finally one sent my flying at the exit of turn 12. Still fuming right now so no need to type anything else.
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin Sat 1 Mar - 22:12

Was a pretty chaotic start. Unfortunate for those involved at the start. Had a moment with the wall at turn 12, bit of damage. Managed to recover and have an insane battle with Adam for P4 (Best of the humans) Wink

Last edited by KJP93 on Mon 3 Mar - 20:57; edited 1 time in total
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sat 1 Mar - 22:59

Just so everyone knows, we will be looking at what we can do to minimise the engine issues seen here. However, I did hear a couple of cars constantly revving through the lining up process. High revs and low/no speed kill these things.

Also, had I known the engine issues had caused the incident on the grid, we would have restarted because there were enough cars caught up in the problems. All I was told was 4 people had engine failures, nothing more.

EDIT: Race replay and results added to first post.
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Post by Jimmy Broadbent Sun 2 Mar - 1:53

http://www.twitch.tv/jimmy_bee/c/3809942
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Post by Jimmy Broadbent Sun 2 Mar - 1:54

StarkzHD wrote:sorry i've posted so late in the thread guys, but i can't attend the first round unfortunately! :/

Just to say aswell, i don't have the ip for the server, so if someone could pm me, id be grateful Smile

If you check out the server information part of the forum, you can find it all there along with ts info.
    lemming77
    lemming77

Post by lemming77 Sun 2 Mar - 8:34

Hey folks!

Just want to extend my compliments to Kyran and Jimmy for the race coverage on Twitch. It's been great fun watching the race from both perspectives, and has been a nice way for me to wind down at the end of the day.

These cars are an excellent drive. I'd snatch that last seat in an instant if I didn't have any prior commitments Sad But I'm in a league that races at the same time until the end of March. If any seats are available at that point, I hope you wouldn't mind me hopping on board, even if I'm late Smile

Bravo Ian for the spectacular pace from beginning to end, netting a well deserved win. Thank you Jimmy and Kyran for recording it for me to watch later, and good luck everyone at Interlagos! Very Happy
    Justin52
    Justin52

Post by Justin52 Sun 2 Mar - 8:51

The engine over heating issue on the grid was most likely as a result of me. Came into my grid box and doubled downshifted into reverse accidentally. No amount of declutching in gear and neutral selecting would get it started again until rF decided to bump me in correctly and start me up again.

I don't know if the clusterfuck off the line was then a result of hot engines which failed but I was lucky to make it through that relatively unscathed. Went round a few laps, avoided spinners and mistakes until Adam passed me and I cut T12 a bit too much and got sausage'd of into the wall. Once again I sat there with a car that refused to start so I exited the game, being parked just off the run off curb and all it seemed the sensible thing to do.

Sorry to anyone who's race I spoiled, the back of the grid was formed up fine, the game was just waiting for me, so the blame for the delay falls squarely on me.

Also I'd like if people would show a little more care on the warm-up lap, with regards to weaving and passing other cars.
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Sun 2 Mar - 9:41

Justin52 wrote:I don't know if the clusterfuck off the line was then a result of hot engines which failed

I'm afraid it was Sad Paul's engine failed off the line then Dave hit him. That led to quite a mess. In a separate incident, Asger's engine failed and Reilly hit him.  Embarassed 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May - 8:58