Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Pepetti
Nick Woodbury
Matthew Allington
Ian Mills
SMauler9
Kyran Parkin
steviejb
11 posters

ROUND 2 - BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX - 8th MARCH

steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 2 - BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX - 8th MARCH Empty ROUND 2 - BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX - 8th MARCH

Post by steviejb Tue 4 Mar - 21:18

ROUND 2 - BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX - 8th MARCH F197Round2_zpsc6b43b93

Replay

Last edited by steviejb on Sat 8 Mar - 22:24; edited 2 times in total
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 2 - BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX - 8th MARCH Empty Re: ROUND 2 - BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX - 8th MARCH

Post by steviejb Tue 4 Mar - 21:18

The server will be running the track from 12pm GMT tomorrow (5th March). Also, if you can't attend, please post in this thread.

Four wheel rule notes:

There are NO exceptions. All drivers are expected to keep two wheels inside the white lines at all times. Use of the pit lane entry is not permitted at all, meaning no wheels over the line.

Cars available for this race:

#1 Arrows Yamaha - Taken by Dave Jordan
    #6 Ferrari
    #16 Sauber Petronas - Taken by April Dillon
    #25 Lola Ford - Nicholas Harrison

Last edited by steviejb on Sat 8 Mar - 21:49; edited 5 times in total
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

ROUND 2 - BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX - 8th MARCH Empty Re: ROUND 2 - BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX - 8th MARCH

Post by Kyran Parkin Tue 4 Mar - 21:44

#HypeVideo courtesy of Jimmy Broadbent aka Coulthard/Broadswag/Chinswag Wink
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Wed 5 Mar - 12:01

Server is up and running.
    SMauler9

Post by SMauler9 Fri 7 Mar - 9:03

I Downloaded the VLMS version of Interlagos, and it crashes while loading, as it is unable to load the sky textures.

Anyone know of a fix for this?
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Fri 7 Mar - 12:27

SMauler9 wrote:I Downloaded the VLMS version of Interlagos, and it crashes while loading, as it is unable to load the sky textures.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Anyone else having or had this issue? I've not come across it. :/
    Ian Mills

Post by Ian Mills Fri 7 Mar - 19:06

no issues here, try different texture settings or the direct x that rfactor runs on.
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Fri 7 Mar - 22:22

Gonna give this one a miss, guys, something came up Sad
    Have fun out there! Smile

(Interlagos is a bogey track for me so I'm not too bothered about missing this one tbh Razz )
    Nick Woodbury
    Nick Woodbury

Post by Nick Woodbury Fri 7 Mar - 22:56

I am withdrawing my entry for this round. #1 Arrows.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Fri 7 Mar - 23:07

Second post updated with confirmed absentees and an important note on use of the pit lane entry.
    Pepetti

Post by Pepetti Sat 8 Mar - 11:47

Unfortunately I can't participate this race. I'm ready to race next week  afro 
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sat 8 Mar - 22:25

Race replay is available from the bottom of the first post. We're having issues with broken results files at the moment, if needs be, we'll botch it into a text file or something.
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Post by Jimmy Broadbent Sat 8 Mar - 23:04

Wow!

This was by far the most fun I've had whilst sim racing. The differing strategies really made this race what it was.

I decided to start on around 60l with soft tyres to try and get clear of my fellow 4th place heroes. This worked like a treat, as I managed to stay in 2nd until my first stop. From there it was just a case of fueling her up and hoping the tires would last til the end. I'm not sure what happened, but it looked like Eric got a drive thru after his 2nd stop. This promoted me to 3rd and the rest is history!

April, I don't think I hit you on the way past but the way you veered into that barrier makes me think otherwise. Sorry if this was the case.

http://www.twitch.tv/jimmy_bee/c/3849531
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin Sun 9 Mar - 2:06

Excellent race to watch after my early exit, mad props to Jim for that podium, dem strats :p. My driving was pretty terrible today anyway so i'll just forget this one... and what better way to forget a race than to hype up the next one Wink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjG5U_9qU4  GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIOUS
    lemming77
    lemming77

Post by lemming77 Sun 9 Mar - 11:00

Was a bit of a comedy race for me, if I'm honest. Razz I got DQ'd from qualifying when I didn't notice the lap allowance, and exceeded it by mistake. After that, I didn't realize how little time there was to join the grid at the start of the race. So I was reloading my setup 30 times (it's a habit, don't ask) when the formation lap started, so started from the pit lane. Awesome start Razz

I stopped my engine while waiting for the green light. It seemed like a good idea, given how Melbourne started. I figured I'd just restart the engine while everyone drove through T1, since the car does have an onboard starter. But, when everyone was in place on the grid, the engine restarted automatically and immediately. I may test this later myself, and see if the engine restarts automatically if you do drive the formation lap and wait for the race to start. It might be good for folks pushing their luck with radiator settings too.

I spent a while fiercely swapping places with Paul, which was a very exciting battle. There was a few places where we swapped position every corner, even. I was determined to get past, I knew we were both being slowed down massively by this. But, it wasn't to be, as I screwed up putting my foot down in his turbulent air in T3, putting me in the left hand wall. That's where you showed up Jimmy, and that was 100% my fault. Too much throttle, turbulent air, and no contact whatsoever. So don't worry about it. Smile

After that though, the car was still very driveable. The damage was yellow all around, but pace still seemed okay, and it wasn't too unstable. So I just drove it home, hoping to put an end to my shenanigans. Razz

Lessons learned, and hopefully, a less comedy centric race next time Very Happy

Anyway, I'll see those of you who survive Monaco in two weeks time in Canada Very Happy
    Scamperic

Post by Scamperic Sun 9 Mar - 13:27

Jimmy Broadbent wrote:

I'm not sure what happened, but it looked like Eric got a drive thru after his 2nd stop. This promoted me to 3rd and the rest is history!

Unfortunately (for me Wink), I spun a few laps from my 2nd stop (thankfully didn't stall it), which cost me around 11 seconds and no shot at Bailey. Then, stupidly, I grabbed the clutch for some unknown reason braking for pit road, which as we know, instantly causes the rears to lock. As a result, I had to release the brake, got caught speeding, and was hit with a 10 second stop and go - Sometime I will learn being aggressive after a mistake only compounds my issues lol.

Was fun up until then though. Quite a scrap with Bailey at the start and would have been interesting to see how things played out.

Grats Ian, Bailey, and Jimmy on their respective win and podiums.
    Paul Lonergan
    Paul Lonergan

Post by Paul Lonergan Sun 9 Mar - 15:57

you were so much faster on the straights.
    come to think of it - everyone was compared to me Very Happy
    It was great fun.

lemming77 wrote:

I spent a while fiercely swapping places with Paul, which was a very exciting battle. There was a few places where we swapped position every corner, even. I was determined to get past, I knew we were both being slowed down massively by this. But, it wasn't to be, as I screwed up putting my foot down in his turbulent air in T3, putting me in the left hand wall. That's where you showed up Jimmy, and that was 100% my fault. Too much throttle, turbulent air, and no contact whatsoever. So don't worry about it. Smile

steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sun 9 Mar - 17:09

Scamperic wrote:Was fun up until then though. Quite a scrap with Bailey at the start and would have been interesting to see how things played out.

I tell ya, I was a tad concerned because I didn't know you were two stopping, I thought I was just that slow at the time! It was a huge relief to see you pit early. I absolutely loved this race, even though I was only in that one wheel to wheel race with you, because of people running different strategies, setups, wing levels, whatever. In addition to that I had a car that really wasn't behaving around here, Schuman had one hell of a view...haha.  Laughing 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May - 2:45