Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Ian Mills
Pepetti
Martin Poláček
Justin52
Kyran Parkin
steviejb
10 posters

ROUND 6 - GERMAN GRAND PRIX - 5TH APRIL

steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 6 - GERMAN GRAND PRIX - 5TH APRIL Empty ROUND 6 - GERMAN GRAND PRIX - 5TH APRIL

Post by steviejb Wed 2 Apr - 10:33

ROUND 6 - GERMAN GRAND PRIX - 5TH APRIL F197Round62_zps42d60788

RESULTS
    REPLAY

Last edited by steviejb on Sun 6 Apr - 0:54; edited 3 times in total
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 6 - GERMAN GRAND PRIX - 5TH APRIL Empty Re: ROUND 6 - GERMAN GRAND PRIX - 5TH APRIL

Post by steviejb Wed 2 Apr - 10:34

Cars available to reserves:
    #2 Arrows Yamaha -
    #3 Williams Renault -
    #5 Ferrari -
    #6 Ferrari -
    #10 McLaren Mercedes -
    #12 Jordan Peugeot -
    #20 Minardi Hart -
    #21 Minardi Hart -
    #25 Lola Ford -

Penalties to be served:
    #7 - Reilly Blyth - disqualifed from qualifying after punting off and causing the retirement of another car at Silverstone, with no apology or attempt to apply the gentlemen's rule.
    #19 - Richard Allen - disqualifed from qualifying after hitting off and causing the retirement of another car at Silverstone.

Further incidents that involved people being punted off with no attempt to apply the gentlemen's rule will result in drive through penalties being given in the following races, in addition to the standard qualifying disqualification.

Last edited by steviejb on Sat 5 Apr - 15:34; edited 2 times in total
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

ROUND 6 - GERMAN GRAND PRIX - 5TH APRIL Empty Re: ROUND 6 - GERMAN GRAND PRIX - 5TH APRIL

Post by Kyran Parkin Wed 2 Apr - 11:45

This post needs more fancy pants graphics and #hype videos :p

Edit: Speaking of hype videos, here's one that doesn't actually do it's job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdS-MI8Lks

Last edited by Kyran Parkin on Thu 3 Apr - 12:20; edited 1 time in total
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Wed 2 Apr - 12:00

Yes it does. :p I need to edit the main picture seeing as we've changed timezones. -_-
    Justin52
    Justin52

Post by Justin52 Wed 2 Apr - 19:49

My Ferrari is free
    Martin Poláček
    Martin Poláček

Post by Martin Poláček Thu 3 Apr - 12:35

Guys I don't know if this ever happened to you, but on high speeds (mostly in fifth gear) the car sometimes does this weird thing. I'm going flat out on a straight and then out of nowhere it just doesn't rev anymore and then even starts to lose speed like I'm not stepping on the throttle at all. Not a problem with the pedal because it works fine everywhere else except this mod. Not a gearing issue either because it happens totally randomly and if I just had the gearing too long then it would occur every time. Anyone experienced this?
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Thu 3 Apr - 13:51

I was going to suggest that 6th gear sounds like it's waaaaay too long, but you've said it isn't a gear issue. I've not come across this personally. :S
    Pepetti

Post by Pepetti Thu 3 Apr - 14:24

My Jordan is also free for this weekend! I'm sorry that I don't come to race again but life is busy sometimes  Wink I'm pretty sure that I'll come to the race after this one.
    Ian Mills

Post by Ian Mills Thu 3 Apr - 15:09

Martin Poláček wrote:Guys I don't know if this ever happened to you, but on high speeds (mostly in fifth gear) the car sometimes does this weird thing. I'm going flat out on  a straight and then out of nowhere it just doesn't rev anymore and then even starts to lose speed like I'm not stepping on the throttle at all. Not a problem with the pedal because it works fine everywhere else except this mod. Not a gearing issue either because it happens totally randomly and if I just had the gearing too long then it would occur every time. Anyone experienced this?

is the car hitting the track and bottoming out ?
    Martin Poláček
    Martin Poláček

Post by Martin Poláček Thu 3 Apr - 16:45

Ian Mills wrote:
    is the car hitting the track and bottoming out ?
    I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by bottoming out  Smile Please explain.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Thu 3 Apr - 19:05

As in, is the bottom of the car hitting the ground? Smile
    Martin Poláček
    Martin Poláček

Post by Martin Poláček Fri 4 Apr - 14:32

steviejb wrote:As in, is the bottom of the car hitting the ground? Smile
    It doesn't feel like that. And certainly didn't see that happening in the replay. I guess I'll just have to cope with it for this race and maybe try to see what I can do for the next one. Maybe reinstalling the mod might help. Repressing the throttle sometimes works so I'll try that in the race and I might be ok. Still a quite annoying thing though. Neutral
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Fri 4 Apr - 14:35

I wish we could help in some way. :/ If all else fails, definitely give it a reinstall, nothing to lose by doing that. Smile
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Jimmy Broadbent
    Admin

Post by Jimmy Broadbent Fri 4 Apr - 15:06

My Macca is free for this week.
    lemming77
    lemming77

Post by lemming77 Fri 4 Apr - 22:08

Martin - Do you have any way of looking at your pedal inputs? IE Motec logs, trackmap plugin, or anything? As dirty/knackered pedal potentiometers can sometimes give erroneous signals to the sim. If a little pedal movement corrects the issue when it occurs, then that may be the problem.

A very common sign of this happening is a drivers' brake lights blinking on for a split second on straights. I'm sure we've all seen this one time or another. Some people even run small deadzones on their pedals for this reason.

Even just cleaning dust, pets' fur, etc. out of the pedal's electronics can help clean up the signal.
    Oscar Hardwick
    Admin

Post by Oscar Hardwick Fri 4 Apr - 22:46

Count me out. Controller is not going to work I don't think. Will be back in a couple of weeks time Smile

- Oscar.
    Martin Poláček
    Martin Poláček

Post by Martin Poláček Sat 5 Apr - 11:57

I'm afraid that's not the case. I have this happening with my brake sometimes but not the throttle. I play a lot of Assetto Corsa where I can see my inputs and it has never happened there or even other sims so there's no reason why it shouldn't work in rFactor. Even other mods in rFactor work just fine so it is not a problem with the pedals or the game itself. Which is very weird as none of you guys ever had the same problem. Also repressing the pedal as I said helps, but not every time. Actually repressing it mostly doesn't do anything at all and there were only a few scenarios when it did help. If you guys want to I can provide a video.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sat 5 Apr - 11:58

A video would be good. I'm completely baffled. :/
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sat 5 Apr - 12:45

Penalties to be served and cars available to reserves available in the second post.
    sanderracer

Post by sanderracer Sat 5 Apr - 15:30

my wiliams is free for this saturday

Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin Sat 5 Apr - 18:09

#11 Jordan is free. I am done with this track lol
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sun 6 Apr - 0:54

Race results and replay available in the first post. Smile
    Martin Poláček
    Martin Poláček

Post by Martin Poláček Sun 6 Apr - 10:01

I thought the throttle problem wouldn't be effecting my pace so much but it did. I was overtaken a couple of times and couldn't make a couple of overtakes because of it. That made me lose my motivation and losing motivation made me lose my speed as well. Making one good qualy lap was possible with it, but over race time it was too much of a disadvantage. So hopefully a reinstall will help.
    lemming77
    lemming77

Post by lemming77 Sun 6 Apr - 15:39

God, what a miserable race... FFB acting differently on race day doesn't help, would you have guessed? Razz

I'm amazed I finished, let alone in 6th. Spent the entire race 2 seconds off the pace I had in practice, just because I now had no feel for what the limits were, so lost out a lot. However, Ian's tip about ditching Realfeel really helped. So thanks Ian Smile

First thing I did after the race was delete Realfeel. I don't care how good it feels, after a moment's unreliability, I don't trust it. My preparation for Spa will involve tweaking rF's default FFB to how I like it, and after that I should be back where I was. Will see you all in Belgium Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 14:29