Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

ROUND 7 - BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 12TH APRIL

steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 7 - BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 12TH APRIL Empty ROUND 7 - BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 12TH APRIL

Post by steviejb Mon 7 Apr - 11:00

ROUND 7 - BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 12TH APRIL F197Round7-1

Last edited by steviejb on Mon 7 Apr - 11:03; edited 1 time in total
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 7 - BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 12TH APRIL Empty Re: ROUND 7 - BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 12TH APRIL

Post by steviejb Mon 7 Apr - 11:00

Reserved
    lemming77
    lemming77

ROUND 7 - BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 12TH APRIL Empty Re: ROUND 7 - BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 12TH APRIL

Post by lemming77 Sun 13 Apr - 1:13

I've felt like this car's trying to kill me since day one. I've spent all week thinking this track's trying to kill me too. So surprised to even finish. The sheer number of DNFs neatly illustrates just how treacherous this version of this track is. Razz

Certainly the track's a weak point. My guess is it's a low res surface model, meaning you can get fairly severe gradient changes from one polygon to the next. One single ridge connecting two polygons makes a very sharp bump. Have you ever seen car models where a few polys close together are slightly misaligned, giving a weird, distorted reflection? Basically the same thing going on on the track. It's a difficult problem in 3D modelling, but racing sims really demand getting it right in the track surface. Else you get this Eau Rouge.

In particular, tire pressures proved to be important here. The air pressure in the tires builds up with heat, which I really depended on to support the car and avoid grounding out in Eau Rouge. So on cold tires without that pressure, it's that much more terrifying!

I must admit though, although it was tragic seeing that Ian crashed on the formation lap, I was grateful it lead to a race restart, meaning I didn't have to start from the pit lane. Smile Certainly stalling the car's a humiliating way to start any race... Please don't tell anyone that happened Razz

Anyway, I'll see you guys at Monza! Lets hope there's no nasty surprises waiting there for us. Smile
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin Tue 15 Apr - 15:43

I think this sums up my race. :/

ROUND 7 - BELGIAN GRAND PRIX - 12TH APRIL 6Y4RKQA

At least Ian still won after I turned his Tyrrell into a helicopter momentarily and I managed to quickly recover to P3. I am forever the Belgium Assassin. ;(

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 13:23