Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring

John Bacho
    John Bacho
    Admin

ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Empty ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring

Post by John Bacho Sun 21 Jul - 0:21

ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring NURBURGCOVER
    FEATURE RACE

1st #68 Anders Nilsson - AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Ferrar11
    2nd #33 Göran Strandh - Pirtek Racing Porsche 997 ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Porsch11
    3rd #64 Kjell Stenbeck - Porsche 997 ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Porsch11
    4th #46 Nick Woodbury - Kessel Racing Ferrari 458 Italia ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Ferrar11
    5th #5 Paul Schuman - Aston Martin Vantage ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Astons11
    6th #51 John Bacho - Audi R8 LMS ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Audis10
    7th #47 Dan Minges - McLaren MP4-12C ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Mclare10
    8th #10 James Goldston - SPIN DOCTOR Racing Porsche 997 ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Porsch11
    9th #71 Cam Porter - Lamborghini Gallardo ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Lambos11*
    10th #13 Lee Moore - Mercedes SLS AMG ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Merced12(Fuel)

* fixed on account of Cam being a good soul & accidentally DQ'ing himself to give Lee a push.

SPRINT RACE

1st #68 Anders Nilsson - AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Ferrar11
    2nd #46 Nick Woodbury - Kessel Racing Ferrari 458 Italia ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Ferrar11
    3rd #64 Kjell Stenbeck - Porsche 997 ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Porsch11
    4th #5 Paul Schuman - Aston Martin Vantage ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Astons11
    5th #71 Cam Porter - Lamborghini Gallardo ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Lambos11
    6th #13 Lee Moore - Mercedes SLS AMG ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Merced12
    7th #10 James Goldston - SPIN DOCTOR Racing Porsche 997 ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Porsch11
    8th #51 John Bacho - Audi R8 LMS ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Audis10(Accident)
    9th #33 Göran Strandh - Pirtek Racing Porsche 997 ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Porsch11(Accident)
    10th #47 Dan Minges - McLaren MP4-12C ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Mclare10(Accident)

MEDIA

STANDINGS

STATISTICS

FEATURE RACE RESULTS

SPRINT RACE RESULTS

SERVER REPLAYS

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

PHOTO GALLERY

FEATURE RACE

Editor's Note: This is a condensed and more informal report (randomly falling into first person comments) of the Nürburgring race.

Qualifying was a slam-dunk for Anders Nilsson, the leading Swede by 0.6s, in a top 3 lockout by the Scandinavians! Also it was great to see Göran Strandh bounce back from a disappointing Monza race due to poor framerate to marginally beat Kjell Stenbeck to 2nd for the Feature race.

The race itself wasn’t particularly exciting this time around w/ an easy win for Anders and line astern for the other Swedes. Even if there were more cars on the grid, I’m not sure it would have helped. This is a very raceable track, but for whatever reason there weren’t many heated contests in the first event. The best was between Schuman in the Aston Martin Vantage and Bacho’s Audi R8.  At the end of Lap 8 Bacho felt he cut too much of the chicane and gave the position to Schuman. The Audi driver was able to rally his tyres for the last 5 laps to pressure the Vantage, but there wasn’t an opening to overtake.

Props to Cam Porter for attempting to give Lee Moore a push on the final lap. Cam reversed to help him out and was DQ’d by the server. The stewards fairly reinstated his 9th place after the race.

I can’t remember if the rest of us knew about what Cam did, or if Lee asked us not to put him on pole for the Sprint race. Either way, we inverted the total of the grid instead of spinning the wheel (or more accurately, I put 5 numbers in my pocket and pull one out) with Cam on pole. He did really well in those first 3 laps! The Canadian readily admits he doesn’t practise for these races, but I’ve seen him kick so much ass at #efnet that he usually knows how to stick to a line and keep people behind him.

(I’m writing this report well after the race finished, but I knew i couldn’t forget that…) There was a huge crash on the opening lap! Minges’ McLaren dropped a wheel on the exit of the Schumacher S, bounced off a wall and ended up sideways in the middle of ze road. Bacho (that’s me) had no chance to avoid the wreck, even though he saw the smoke and debris up ahead. Goldston was just to his right and Strandh immediately behind. In the micro-seconds of available decision making before impact, there wasn’t enough room to negotiate around the imminent disaster that might have killed one of us in real life. The Audi and Porsche smashed head first into the MP4-12C and ended in three DNFs. It’s worth watching the video highlight below made by James Goldston to see how lucky Lee Moore was to escape. “I closed my eyes and kept my foot flat!” Badass dodging. Or luck? Whichever!

On the start of Lap 4, however, Anders Nilsson had already blitzkrieged his way to the front and was on Porter’s rear wing. Both went through Turn 1 together with Nilsson on the outside, but neither gave room or acknowledge each others presence. Just before the next turn, the Ferrari and Lamborghini smacked door handles and parted the seas for Woodbury and Schuman to go through. Anders recovered quickly and was back on the attack yet again, it appeared nothing would stop his quest for a second win on the day.

Long story short, he did just that! There was a controversial pass between Anders and Schuman for P2 at Turn 3. The Ferrari snuck in a late-move for the apex and Paul turned in on him -- this knowledge was learned after the race and had an effect on the final steward report; Schuman admitted that he spotted the move in his mirrors and tried to purposefully block him; this did not help any protest or argument he had against Anders. Not long after that, Nilsson showed how dominant he was by overtaking Woodbury on the outside of Turn 3! Job well done sir!

A big thanks to Lee Moore (braving the MercZilla) and James Goldston for showing up. I wasn’t sure if we would get double digit attendance due to drivers out on holiday. About the SLS AMG, I remember Le saying “I hate this fucking car!” a few times in the first race, and I’m just happy he stuck around to finish the second. Still hating it, I imagine.

Last edited by John Bacho on Sat 31 Aug - 12:45; edited 17 times in total
    John Bacho
    John Bacho
    Admin

ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Empty Where the naughty bits go.

Post by John Bacho Sun 21 Jul - 0:22

STEWARD REPORT

Sprint Race

• Lap 2 -- Incident involving Minges, Bacho and Strandh. No penalties needed. Dan Minges was a passenger after spinning his McLaren. Bad luck for everyone involved.

• Lap 5 -- Nilsson and Porter incident at the exit of Turn 1. Racing incident, no penalties given. Both cars attempt to take the same spot on the tarmac and unfortunately make contact. The only advice is to give 'racing room' when going side-by-side into a sequence of corners.

• Also on Lap 5 -- Woodbury and Schuman have contact with Porter at the same time. No penalties. Nick and Paul appear to freak out a bit as a result of Nilsson & Porter having a shunt moments earlier.

• Lap 6 -- Nilsson dives underneath Schuman into Turn 3 and contact is made. Warnings for each. Anders does a sneaky late-braking dive bomb. Schuman sees it and still shuts the door on him. Future discretion advised for both parties to avoid incident in future.

Last edited by John Bacho on Sat 24 Aug - 11:29; edited 6 times in total
    Cam Porter

ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring Empty Re: ROUND TWO RESULTS -- Nürburgring

Post by Cam Porter Sun 21 Jul - 20:39

Had more fun this race, despite being the slowest qualifier.  I felt I put in some effort to improve my set up this week, but nothing I tried was much of an improvement over default.  Couldn't get under 2:01.  As soon as the race started, I put in several 2:00s in a row. scratch I guess having a car to chase motivated me.  Slowly caught up to Bacho, but as soon as I was about to challenge for the position, I got a low fuel indicator.  Doh. Crying or Very sad  Forgot to put in race fuel load.  I immediately lost concentration and spun it. Embarassed  Pitted for fuel and got back on track in last.  Caught up to Lee, who appeared to just let me by.  Then, I saw him pulling off the track in the rear-view mirror, out of fuel.  I stopped and backed up to push him home, but I got DQed for going the wrong way.

Race two, I pushed hard to open as much as a gap that I could.  I hoped maybe the folks behind me would hold up the fastest guys long enough for me to break away.  Didn't take long for them to catch me.  I held them off as long as I could, but I knew it was inevitable that they would get by.  Once Anders finally got in a good place to take the position, I felt he unnecessarily bashed my door going into turn two on lap 5, I think.  I felt I left him lots of room. Neutral Subsequently, Paul bashed my door on his way by too.  I felt I was just holding my line.  In Paul's defense, he was taking evasive action to avoid Anders, who got sideways from our contact.

On a more positive note, I had a very good brief battle with a Porsche, where we went side-by-side for several corners and we didn't touch.  I don't remember who it was, but very respectful racing there. Smile

Looking forward to next week.
    Cam Porter

Post by Cam Porter Mon 22 Jul - 0:02

I just tried the 458. On the second lap, with default set, I equalled my best lap in the Gallardo. Only took me two more laps to get a 1:59. No wonder no one picked the Lambo. Oh well, I'll stick with it. I don't back down from a challenge. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May - 16:11