Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Pedro Melim
Richie_NZ
Carlen67
Nicolas Hillebrand
Matthew Allington
John Munro
Race Fanatic
revoasd
Fergus Doyle
Brandon Warren
lukicabukica
Joshua Anderson
Kim Eriksson
imthecrabby
steviejb
19 posters

ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV

Carlen67

ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV

Post by Carlen67 Sun 1 Nov - 14:12

Well, Greece was a interesting rally indeed. Started really shitty, puncture on SS1+revive, and a second revive on SS2. I got mad, and it seams like that was a good thing. I continued to get better time, and (temporarily) ended up in 5th.

Side note: Really like the use of the stages this rally. Doing stages more then once isn't a uncommon thing in the real world, and it suits me well. Also glad I didn't have to drive this up/downhill hairpins, since I am really bad at those Razz
    Fergus Doyle
    Fergus Doyle

ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV

Post by Fergus Doyle Sun 1 Nov - 16:04

What an awesome rally!

First stage went really well. Second stage however was the opposite, had a bad off and had to recover vehicle which put me right down the table! Found some consistency is SS3 and started the almighty climb back up the table.

Onto the second leg, this is where I found some pace and put in 3 clean stages shooting me up the board. Battling with grandma_moses, Grmowsky and Mikaeljack as we were all close together at this point.

Going into the final leg, I made some time on two of my contenders but Mikaeljack started to pull away. The last two stages went really well and I finished the rally in one piece with no bumps or scrapes, just in front of Quirkitized by the skin of my teeth! Where did he come from!?

Feel sorry for my team mate but I hope I did him proud, potentially getting in the points!

Bring on Finland.... Shocked
    lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica Sun 1 Nov - 21:02

steviejb wrote:Don't you worry, I have...plans. Wink
    I was looking forward to Finland.... Sad
    John Munro

Post by John Munro Sun 1 Nov - 22:11

Finished! Happy with the damage limitation...

Leg 2 -

S4 - Thought i would just barge straight into it cold, car was heavily damaged and id already lost so much time on stage 2 that i just wanted to get on with it and see how it went. Going in blind seemed to work well because i drove more carefully and in turn was faster. Happy with the time!

S5 - Lucky to get though with rolling and again happy with the time, rally beginning to look like potential points again as i drew level with 2nd.....

S6 - Was going well but was set back 8 seconds with a spin. Ended the leg in provisional 3rd, 10+ seconds behind 2nd.

Leg 3:

S7 - despite having hit nothing in leg 2 the car was still suffering from the stage 2 damage, still nowhere near fully repaired. Had a decent steady stage but lost ground to 2nd.

S8 - Was torn between pushing like hell to bridge an 18 second gap or consolidate provisional 3rd. Ended up somewhere in between. Thankfully i learnt from my stage 2 mistake and...... wait no.. i hit exactly the same bump/verge/rock (something that doesnt shift) as the one that took me out in stage 2, once again flipped end over end but this time got extremely lucky to keep it out of the trees. Got the car spun round and knew i just needed to consolidate 3rd, thankfully no puncture this time round. Finished the stage in provisional 3rd but with a bunch of quick guys still to go im just hoping to stay in the points.

First ever gravel event and went better than expected (I finished!). Miro was awesome and if nobody else goes faster he deserves the win and looks like a hot favourite for the title.

Goodluck to everyone still to go, beware of the left 4 Wink and well done to those who made it to the end!
    Richie_NZ
    Richie_NZ

Post by Richie_NZ Mon 2 Nov - 4:51

Acropolis Rally done&dusted

Had some good clean runs , a few half spins and a stall, but very happy to get it done with no big crashes or flat tyres Smile

Goodluck to all still competing
    Pedro Melim

Post by Pedro Melim Mon 2 Nov - 13:47

After Monte Carlo, where after SS2 i was leading by almost 15 seconds, and then retired on SS3 with car rolling off road, i knew this time around i had to keep it together, event tought my "gravel skills" are not that great.

Leg 1:

SS1: It went well, not the best i could do but cant complain.

SS2: Went really great, manage to win about 1 second on revoasd.

SS3: Manage to be faster than SS1 but revoasd was faster and won me about 3 seconds.

Will do Leg 2 and 3 tonight. Lets see what im able to do, so far so good, will try my best, not sure if 2nd is possible, but aiming for sure for a podium, as i need the points after greece crash!

1st position will be impossible for me i reckon, not done any times similiar to Richie_NZ in my practice runs, so dont think i will do them on the rally hehe.
    Nick Rowland

Post by Nick Rowland Mon 2 Nov - 16:42

Am I still OK to do the stages tonight? Just come back from a long weekend break.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Mon 2 Nov - 17:41

Yes sir. 11pm cut off. Smile
    Ryan Reed-Edwards
    Ryan Reed-Edwards

Post by Ryan Reed-Edwards Mon 2 Nov - 21:36

Ridiculous pace from the top 2 in historic. Well done.
    Nick Rowland

Post by Nick Rowland Mon 2 Nov - 22:12

WOW that sucked. Really didn't enjoy that rally.
    Pedro Melim

Post by Pedro Melim Mon 2 Nov - 23:08

Leg 2:

SS4: That was a great time and closed on revoasd

SS5: Was going pretty good until i rolled the car, was really fast coming back to the road with help from spectators, but lost great time to front 2.

SS6: Kept it together and did a nice time again.

After SS5 roll it meant i had to bring the car home in 3rd as 2nd was out of reach, but wouldnt slow down as i had a big gap to 4th.

Leg 3:

SS7 & SS8: both were great, did very nice times wich grants me 3rd Very Happy

Overall nice rally, was expecting revoasd to be very fast, but didnt expect anyone else, until Richie_NZ surprised us.

My weakest rally probably as i dont like greece that much so, lets focus on the next one Smile
    revoasd

Post by revoasd Mon 2 Nov - 23:25

The Kadett showed again how strong it is. It really is alot faster than any other 70s car in greece by a severe margin Smile
    grandma_moses
    grandma_moses

Post by grandma_moses Tue 3 Nov - 6:08

Hey there.

Was kinda fun, but didn't like the fact that it was basically just the one stage in x variations composing the whole rallye. Especially as, to me, it's the less-liked stage ^^

But I got what's coming to me, 9th place second week in a row. Call me bubble boy.
    Fergus Doyle
    Fergus Doyle

Post by Fergus Doyle Tue 3 Nov - 7:28

I don't know where I finished in the end! Will be interesting to see the standings now.
    John Munro

Post by John Munro Tue 3 Nov - 9:08

Since the update you can go on the DHR Page and still view the results from Greece by changing it from current event to round 1. Smile
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Tue 3 Nov - 10:57

John Munro wrote:Since the update you can go on the DHR Page and still view the results from Greece by changing it from current event to round 1. Smile

I wish that was an update, but as soon as the second event finishes next week, the Greece results will disappear. Sad Lewis is working on the graphical results however, so we will have a copy. In time, I'll enter them into a spreadsheet. Smile
    Rhys Gardiner

Post by Rhys Gardiner Tue 3 Nov - 14:06

Here's my video of round 2 from my perspective! Needless to say it went a lot better than Monte Carlo.

Ryan Reed-Edwards
    Ryan Reed-Edwards

Post by Ryan Reed-Edwards Wed 4 Nov - 2:49

ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV - Page 2 Df176fa507

Here's a rough idea of what points will look like in the historic class.
    I think me and pedro would be switched in the overall points though.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Fri 6 Nov - 20:01

Lewis has done the results in graphical form now. Smile https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1697985860437290&id=1444995045736374
    Fergus Doyle
    Fergus Doyle

Post by Fergus Doyle Sat 7 Nov - 10:09

Results look awesome as always. Thanks Lewis! Smile
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sun 8 Nov - 2:46

Alrighty, now VEC and such is out of the way, I'll get the standings done tomorrow. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr - 16:35