Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Pedro Melim
Richie_NZ
Carlen67
Nicolas Hillebrand
Matthew Allington
John Munro
Race Fanatic
revoasd
Fergus Doyle
Brandon Warren
lukicabukica
Joshua Anderson
Kim Eriksson
imthecrabby
steviejb
19 posters

ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV

steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV Empty ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV

Post by steviejb Tue 27 Oct - 10:04

ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV AcropolisRallyStages_zpseisqdltn

WEATHER
    Leg's 1, 2 & 3 - There will be nothing but glorious sunshine throughout the whole event. The Greek gods have decided you all got wet and cold enough in Monte Carlo.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV Empty Re: ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV

Post by steviejb Thu 29 Oct - 12:38

First post updated with the stage list. Very Happy
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV Empty Re: ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV

Post by steviejb Fri 30 Oct - 18:20

Round 2 is go!
    imthecrabby
    imthecrabby

Post by imthecrabby Fri 30 Oct - 18:50

it was going quite cautiously throughout the rally, i had 2 costly mistakes in stage 6, in which i had to reset my car and stage 7 i had a little mistake, but got stuck on one of the dirt mounds. so not the best, but we'll see
    Kim Eriksson
    Kim Eriksson

Post by Kim Eriksson Fri 30 Oct - 19:03

Today's leg is done and dusted, got WR time on ourea spevsi with a pretty hairy moment just before finish on first run, but improved on the 2nd run by 2 seconds atleast.

Will do rest tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: Video
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Fri 30 Oct - 21:15

^ Man, that is amazing. I'm just going to cry in the corner. :p lol
    Joshua Anderson
    Joshua Anderson

Post by Joshua Anderson Fri 30 Oct - 21:25

how not to rally
    lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica Fri 30 Oct - 22:59

Ive decided that I will make a video this time instead of talking about my rally.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Fri 30 Oct - 23:01

I'm loving all the videos guys! Fantastic stuff. Very Happy
    Brandon Warren

Post by Brandon Warren Sat 31 Oct - 1:44

lukicabukica wrote:Ive decided that I will make a video this time instead of talking about my rally.

Hahahaha! Perfect!
    Brandon Warren

Post by Brandon Warren Sat 31 Oct - 2:01

Of all the beautiful long stages where the fast guys could possibly make a mistake and I could possibly make it to the end in one piece and score good points... and we only have two of them!? Damn! Smile
    Fergus Doyle
    Fergus Doyle

Post by Fergus Doyle Sat 31 Oct - 8:15

As everyone is recording their legs, I'll be doing the same!
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sat 31 Oct - 10:58

Brandon Warren wrote:Of all the beautiful long stages where the fast guys could possibly make a mistake and I could possibly make it to the end in one piece and score good points... and we only have two of them!? Damn! Smile

Don't you worry, I have...plans. Wink
    revoasd

Post by revoasd Sat 31 Oct - 12:01

A few mistakes here and there and almost rolled it aswell Very Happy. Gonna drive the final leg tonight.
    Race Fanatic
    Race Fanatic

Post by Race Fanatic Sat 31 Oct - 13:35

I'm going mad at this. Haven't driven dirt rally since last round. During this time I've installed windows 10. Now I'm getting lag all over the place, small freezes happening when driving. I'm always having fucking problems like this. Any ideas? I'm using amd r9 270 and I've installed the new drivers... :/
    John Munro

Post by John Munro Sat 31 Oct - 13:39

Awesome run Miro! Cant see anyone touching that in the Historics Very Happy
    Brandon Warren

Post by Brandon Warren Sat 31 Oct - 14:30

Race Fanatic wrote:I'm going mad at this. Haven't driven dirt rally since last round. During this time I've installed windows 10. Now I'm getting lag all over the place, small freezes happening when driving. I'm always having fucking problems like this. Any ideas? I'm using amd r9 270 and I've installed the new drivers... :/

Do you have vysnc on? What are your settings on catalyst?
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Sat 31 Oct - 14:34

I hate Acropolis Razz
    Race Fanatic
    Race Fanatic

Post by Race Fanatic Sat 31 Oct - 14:56

Brandon Warren wrote:
    Race Fanatic wrote:I'm going mad at this. Haven't driven dirt rally since last round. During this time I've installed windows 10. Now I'm getting lag all over the place, small freezes happening when driving. I'm always having fucking problems like this. Any ideas? I'm using amd r9 270 and I've installed the new drivers... :/

Do you have vysnc on? What are your settings on catalyst?
    V-sync off. No specific settings on catalyst. Problems occured with w10 and I have the same problem on both AC and Dirt. I don't really have any experience with catalyst, of course have it but don't use it, are there any specific settings you'd like to know?
    revoasd

Post by revoasd Sat 31 Oct - 15:39

Aaaand im done! Had to take a photo in the last stage! Very Happy ROUND 2 | ACROPOLIS RALLY | 30TH OCT - 2ND NOV 44FD2DCCBC6CA79E8D840DDD5334EEA0ABFB8331
    Race Fanatic
    Race Fanatic

Post by Race Fanatic Sat 31 Oct - 17:54

No idea how, but it's working now! Smile
    Nicolas Hillebrand
    Nicolas Hillebrand

Post by Nicolas Hillebrand Sat 31 Oct - 20:32

Guys, did you see that glorious moment when I finished the first stage? Yea, me neither. ._.
    John Munro

Post by John Munro Sat 31 Oct - 21:38

leg 1 complete, after Monte Carlo I was sent crashing (literally) back down to earth.. and then the sky.... and then the earth... and then a tree.

Stage 1 - Went very well, only 5 seconds off Miro's astonishing pace and 2nd in class, delighted and hoping to keep it going.

Stage 2 - about 3/5's through the stage got caught out by a bump which sent me flying over a rock which i clipped and that sent me barrel rolling into the trees. Recovered the car but had severe damage and no tyre on the rear left. Struggled all the way through the second half of the stage before spinning at the last turn and getting a time of 5:00. Purely naive on my part..

Stage 3 - Stupidly decided the best thing to do would be to push hard to make up for lost ground. Recipe for disaster. spun twice and lost a further 15 seconds.

Yay. look forward to crashing my way through legs 2 and 3! Can't do gravel....

Race Fanatic
    Race Fanatic

Post by Race Fanatic Sun 1 Nov - 12:24

I seriously can't believe this shit. I had everything working, i did a run before leg 1 to make sure everything was working which it was.

When I then go into leg 1 I imidiately notice that the wheel feels much lighter. When I turn the wheel I need to hold it in the angle I want for like twice the time for the car to turn in. Car now have some damage and I'm a long way behind. Can't believe my shitty luck with always sth not working.,

Got the wheel working for the rest of the rally, miles behind and damaged car meant I just retired later. No point in finishing.

With no practise and default setup I knew I wouldn't do good. What pisses me off is when I know I could've done a lot better than how it went. When I get problems like this it just pisses me off. I would atleast have gotten a few points..
    Race Fanatic
    Race Fanatic

Post by Race Fanatic Sun 1 Nov - 13:21

Literally me afer leg 1: https://youtu.be/_QsZhME3-uY?t=4m59s

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr - 17:29