Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Kyran Parkin
Brandon Warren
AdamT
Oscar Hardwick
Ryan Mayfield
grandma_moses
ShaneBurke
revoasd
mikaeljackz
Rhys Gardiner
Joshua Anderson
Race Fanatic
Nick Rowland
Alexander van der Woude
J Cooper
Lewis McGlade
Anders Nilsson
Kakkela
lukicabukica
Matthew Allington
Kim Eriksson
John Munro
Fergus Doyle
steviejb
28 posters

ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER

Rhys Gardiner

ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER

Post by Rhys Gardiner Sat 17 Oct - 15:43

Here's my round 1 recap - and the thumbnail gets the point across nicely.

mikaeljackz
    mikaeljackz

ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER - Page 2 Empty Re: ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER

Post by mikaeljackz Sat 17 Oct - 15:46

I think I encountered a bug...On the 4th stage there's a hairpin right with a stone fence on the outside. I touched it, and that counted as a DNF! I have never seen anything like it before, and I can't just restart! GG! Evil or Very Mad
    Race Fanatic
    Race Fanatic

Post by Race Fanatic Sat 17 Oct - 17:06

mikaeljackz wrote:I think I encountered a bug...On the 4th stage there's a hairpin right with a stone fence on the outside. I touched it, and that counted as a DNF! I have never seen anything like it before, and I can't just restart! GG! Evil or Very Mad
    Very sad to hear! :/ If I were you I'd let codies know! Hopefully they'd notice sth!
    Fergus Doyle
    Fergus Doyle

Post by Fergus Doyle Sat 17 Oct - 18:12

Well that was fun!

Firstly, Rhys, that video had be in absolute sitches! lol!

Onto my run. I drove probably the most consistently I have ever driven! I had a few little mistakes like clipping walls/rocks, but no spin outs or major crashes! I'm still a long way off of the pace and couldn't close the gap between me and LuLu McQuade - you guys are too quick for me! Still around 15ish more drivers left to complete the rally in the 2000's class so I'm feeling happy and quite confident of a top 10. Not sure about top 8 though!

Well done to my partner RaceFanatic on a good run, he's my motivation to drive faster! I wish I had Finnish in my blood! Wink
    mikaeljackz
    mikaeljackz

Post by mikaeljackz Sat 17 Oct - 18:17

Race Fanatic wrote:
    mikaeljackz wrote:I think I encountered a bug...On the 4th stage there's a hairpin right with a stone fence on the outside. I touched it, and that counted as a DNF! I have never seen anything like it before, and I can't just restart! GG! Evil or Very Mad
    Very sad to hear! :/ If I were you I'd let codies know! Hopefully they'd notice sth!

Well, I take it as bad luck! I've been really consistent the last few months, but maybe that fence was just bad luck...There wasn't a cliff outside of it, so it's weird that I got terminal damage there Sad
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sat 17 Oct - 18:20

It's probably worth telling Codemasters/Paul Coleman about the issue. See if you can replicate the issue to confirm. Sorry it happened though man. :/
    revoasd

Post by revoasd Sat 17 Oct - 18:32

Yayy the 1st 5 stages went actually pretty well, until the game decided it was time to quit after the 5th stage. Game crashed there, i had to drive the 5th stage again, then the 6th with the default car setup cause CM is stupid enough not to save them if your game crashed. Thank you CM for screwing my race. So disappointed :C
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Sat 17 Oct - 19:32

I FINISHED - SUCCESS! Very Happy

Stage 1 - Lacked confidence, so slow (but didn't wreck the car)
    Stage 2 - Was going okay until a fast left hander near the end of the stage - whacked the outside wall and did a 360 with a puncture to nurse till the end.
    Stage 3 - Faster in the snow than I was in the clear!
    Stage 4 - More confident in the car now that there was daylight, but I forgot just how bad the pacenotes were for this stage.
    Stage 5 - Put in a great performance until... I made exactly the same mistake as Stage 2! Came off worse this time, lost a heap of time and had a fair chunk of damage, too.
    Stage 6 - As good as could have been considering the damage. Still felt much better than the first run through.
    Stage 7 - That corner tried it's tricks in the opposite direction, but I just avoided the wall. Good run through with a slightly repaired car.
    Stage 8 - Nice run, no dramas!

So, all in all, finished in under 40 minutes despite only having managed to upgrade to level 3 and having said crash (and resultant damage) in Stage 5. Pleased with that, even though I'm stuck right in the middle between poor Alex and everyone else in the class!

*So alone in the non-wheel club! Razz
    ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER - Page 2 Alone10

Last edited by Matthew Allington on Sat 17 Oct - 23:37; edited 1 time in total
    Joshua Anderson
    Joshua Anderson

Post by Joshua Anderson Sat 17 Oct - 20:49

All was well, until stage 6. Got to one bloody corner and went over, rally ended. Sad

Was running P20 overall though until then, which was good. I suspect Germany will be my strongest rally but dreading Wales. Razz
    ShaneBurke

Post by ShaneBurke Sat 17 Oct - 21:04

wow that was rubbish Sad Some glitch made my car as fast as a banana boat.. Only ONE stage of 8 did the car feel normal! Couldn't drive at all quick. FFB went weird.. and like i said the car had 0 power. Never reached 6th gear with the problem. Really disappointed Crying or Very sad
    Matthew Allington

Post by Matthew Allington Sat 17 Oct - 21:30

ShaneBurke wrote:wow that was rubbish Sad Some glitch made my car as fast as a banana boat.. Only ONE stage of 8 did the car feel normal! Couldn't drive at all quick. FFB went weird.. and like i said the car had 0 power. Never reached 6th gear with the problem. Really disappointed Crying or Very sad
    Did you buy the car and upgrade it in career? If not, the car is in it's unupgraded state in leagues and thus is as slow as a banana boat.
    lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica Sat 17 Oct - 21:45

Got Kyla (what I call my Subaru) fully prepared anyway, so here goes nothing.

Im ecstatic about some of my stage times, very very happy with my runs. If it wasnt for that off on SS2 where I lost 15 seconds due to respawn, I wouldve gone up 2 places (as it stands), but I made the mistake and I just have to face the consequences Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*Stock setup club ftw
    *Does anyone know what the colours mean next to the position on the results on the website?
    Fergus Doyle
    Fergus Doyle

Post by Fergus Doyle Sun 18 Oct - 7:43

@Lewis McGlade I don't suppose we could get an updated current leaderboard standings like you did on page 2? Smile
    grandma_moses
    grandma_moses

Post by grandma_moses Sun 18 Oct - 11:26

Matthew Allington wrote:*So alone in the non-wheel club! Razz
    ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER - Page 2 Alone10

Finished the first 3 stages now, I hope I'll join you there soon! But I haven't seen any other controller guys except for arby and revoasd. Makes 4 in total?

Took a little longer to piece the livery together for our 'Blackjack & Hookers' - team... Twisted Evil

ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER - Page 2 2015-115 ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER - Page 2 2015-117 ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER - Page 2 2015-118
    Ryan Mayfield
    Ryan Mayfield

Post by Ryan Mayfield Sun 18 Oct - 12:19

Haven't done a league event before.. are we able to run 1 leg and then save the others for later?
    Oscar Hardwick
    Admin

Post by Oscar Hardwick Sun 18 Oct - 12:20

So I completed my rally in one sitting last night.

I knew coming in that whether it be my setup, style or just the car that I wouldn't be very quick on the dry tarmac sections.

I took the decision "drive to finish". Which I nearly ruined on SS1 with my own attempt at "doing a Rhys". I also went mighty well on SS5 but it was mostly uneventful outside of that. 3rd in class for the time being and pretty pleased with what should end up a good points score on a rally I expect to be weaker in.

Fergus Doyle
    Fergus Doyle

Post by Fergus Doyle Sun 18 Oct - 13:28

Ryan Mayfield wrote:Haven't done a league event before.. are we able to run 1 leg and then save the others for later?

Yes you can. After stage 3 and 6 (in this particular event), it will put you back to screen where you can edit setups, view standings and exit to the menu. This is called the service area. You can exit to the menu, then come back at any other time and continue from where you left off, in this case the start of stage 4.

Last edited by Fergus Doyle on Sun 18 Oct - 14:32; edited 1 time in total
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Sun 18 Oct - 14:00

I actually didn't know that, cheers Fergus. Smile
    AdamT
    AdamT

Post by AdamT Sun 18 Oct - 14:02

That wasn't too bad for me, I started slow and gained confidence towards the end.ROUND 1 | MONTE CARLO | 16th - 19th OCT | EVENT OVER - Page 2 2015-10-18_00001
    Nick Rowland

Post by Nick Rowland Sun 18 Oct - 15:22

OK, that has been insanely fun. Alright, it hasn't gone great but for my first ever rally, I'll take it. That was sensational fun so thank you to the league. Really great fun.

Stage 1 - Smooth enough but could have been quicker
    Stage 2 - Terrbile, clipped a wall causing a double front tyre puncture
    Stage 3 - Best one yet and felt extremely fun to drive

Stage 4 - Steady run but OK
    Stage 5 - Damn it, crash
    Stage 6 - Damn it ,crash

Stage 7 - Average
    Stage 8 - Best run of all, that was a great run
    John Munro

Post by John Munro Sun 18 Oct - 17:09

Finally got the chance to complete the rally, delighted with my first ever event!

Stage 1- first stage nerves got the better of me, spun at one of the narrow sections between the cliff face and a barrier and picked up some damage getting turned back around. Cost me about 10 seconds but ah well, after what happened to Rhys i cant complain Razz

Stage 2 - Happy with the run, no mistakes and competitive time.

Stage 3 - About 12 seconds quicker than stage 1 so delighted.

got all my repairs up to 100% except exhaust and bodywork.

Leg 2:

Stage 4 - Same as stage 1, good run but had a spin costing about 10 seconds.

Stage 5 - Same as stage 2, solid and competitive run with no incident... oh wait no I slapped a wall at one point giving me minor damage....

Stage 6 - Same as stage 3, improved time from stage 4 by 10 seconds so happy!

Nothing too badly damaged, everything could be repaired to be between 92 and 98% Smile

Leg 3:

Stage 7 - Solid if unspectacular, just wanting to finish in one piece.

Stage 8 - Delighted with the finish, felt quick and again no mistakes.

This rally went far better than expected, but im sure my luck will turn at some stage! (greece and finland im going to explode). Good luck to everyone who still needs to run and well done all those who finished Very Happy
    Brandon Warren

Post by Brandon Warren Sun 18 Oct - 19:17

I had fun and made minimal mistakes but there is a strange issue that has been happening to me over the past few days with Dirt Rally. It's like my wheel settings change in game to where my steering feels like there has been a deadzone introduced and it really throws me off. This happened as soon as the rally started for me and caused havoc on my form. I was ~10-15 seconds slower than normal on almost every stage because of it. Very bizarre.

Oh well, still a lot of fun!
    Kyran Parkin
    Kyran Parkin

Post by Kyran Parkin Sun 18 Oct - 19:28

Stage 1: Nothing bad happened. Nice conservative stage.
    Stage 2: Punted a wall and knocked my headlights out, luckily I've had to deal with this at night before. :p
    Stage 3: Went fairly well, a few hairy moments but nothing too bad.
    Stage 4: Scratched my body a bit several times, punted the yellow finish line sign pretty hard as well. Also, OH GOD MY EYES THE SUN ON THE SNOW ARGH
    Stage 5: Probably my best stage this rally. Went downhill from here.
    Stage 6: Started over-driving the car and lost the front right about halfway through. Juggling the handbrake so the car turned is not a quick way of driving... also I may have run some people over...
    Stage 7: Again, over-driving the car trying to claw back some time on the full tarmac stages, lost the left rear about a third of the way in which resulted in an even more lively Stratos.
    Stage 8: Played it safe, seeing as I was nearly a minute behind the next car. Few bumps and scrapes but completed the rally.

Seeing as I'm sitting pretty much middle of the pack, I'm fairly satisfied with that. Smile
    grandma_moses
    grandma_moses

Post by grandma_moses Mon 19 Oct - 9:36

Hmmm ramPage just joined, so another really fast dude's playing in the WRC class now. Won't do my self-esteem any good, I can already tell...
    lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica Mon 19 Oct - 15:46

grandma_moses wrote:Hmmm ramPage just joined, so another really fast dude's playing in the WRC class now. Won't do my self-esteem any good, I can already tell...
    I shat myself when I saw your time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr - 21:03