Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Test Race and Fun Run 7/4/13

Paul Schuman

Test Race and Fun Run 7/4/13 Empty Test Race and Fun Run 7/4/13

Post by Paul Schuman Tue 2 Jul - 18:47

As many of the people coming to us from the original SROL know, we always liked to have fun special events on the holidays when people weren't working and had a chance to get everyone together.  I figured, July 4th, right before the season starts, great excuse for a fun run/test race!  There will be no penalties or anything assigned by try to keep in the spirit of the rules (no punting or cutting, etc.).  

Format:
    We still start the races at 3.00 Eastern time.
    Length: 10 minutes
    The first grid will be set using a random number generator to pick positions.  Every driver present will receive a number, when each number is drawn we will fill the grid from last to first, so the last person picked will be on pole.
    For all subsequent races we will invert the complete finishing order of the previous race and set the grid in warmup.  There will be the 10 minute warmup to prepare and then we will go racing.

Tracks will go in order of the schedule:
    Laguna Seca
    Monza
    Nurburgring
    Spa
    Silverstone
    Bathurst
    Road Atlanta and (time permitting)...
    Philip Island

For the last race, we will use the random number generator again to set the field.

Hope to see you all there, it should be a blast.  Please reply to this post if you plan on coming so we have a rough estimate of how many to expect but even if you don't, feel free to drop by as well.

Last edited by Paul Schuman on Tue 2 Jul - 22:29; edited 1 time in total
    Justin52
    Justin52

Test Race and Fun Run 7/4/13 Empty Re: Test Race and Fun Run 7/4/13

Post by Justin52 Tue 2 Jul - 18:52

I'll pop in, mostly to test my two internet connections with cars in the server.
    Dan Minges
    Dan Minges

Post by Dan Minges Tue 2 Jul - 20:05

Paul Schuman wrote:... and...
    Monaco
    Wow!  Great version of Monaco!!
    Since in the alternate universe in which I reside all motorsport has been banned in Monaco since the advent of aerodynamic enhancements Team KMAG-YOYO will be unable to participate.  I hope the sudden catastrophic enforcement actions unleashed upon all participants in this outrage do not unduly inconvenience...
    Paul Schuman

Post by Paul Schuman Tue 2 Jul - 22:22

Dan Minges wrote:
    Paul Schuman wrote:... and...
    Monaco
    I hope the sudden catastrophic enforcement actions unleashed upon all participants in this outrage do not unduly inconvenience...

Will the Gods of aerodynamics strike all the participants down?

Also, Re Monaco, I've driven some of the cars around there, it is fun, but it makes more sense to put something we could realistically run in season 2, therefore Monaco will be replaced with Philip Island, which is already on the server and the track packs.
    steviejb
    steviejb
    Admin

Post by steviejb Fri 5 Jul - 15:30

Short video of the ending at Silverstone. P4-P7 covered by .7 of a second. Very Happy

I've also uploaded the server replays: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fa7db26fk8wnr9i/TestReplays.zip
    CaptGimp
    CaptGimp

Post by CaptGimp Sat 6 Jul - 4:05

I had a blast guys! Thanks for setting all of this up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 16 May - 16:23